Tuesday 9 January 2018

First Package Causes Grief






First Package Causes Grief (Warren Antiques Vol. 1)





Her family’s secret can save lives, or end them.

 Life is peachy keen for Daisy Warren. Having dropped out of college, she decides to relax until her time comes to take over the family antique business. But when her eighty-nine-year-old great-grandmother, Lily, is kidnapped for a sacred artifact she took from the shop, Daisy learns the truth about the family profession. In a race against time, Daisy must find Lily and the priceless package while keeping the rest of the family in the dark about the relic and kidnapping. In less than twelve hours, Daisy’s life changes in ways she’d never imagined.

Amazon ebook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0776LQ7D6/

Google: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Mary_Abshire_First_Package_Causes_Grief?id=1yY-DwAAQBAJ

KOBO:
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/first-package-causes-grief

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/first-package-causes-grief/id1311072056?mt=11


EXCERPT #1 

“Why do you have two phones and why do you need the numbers traced?”
I inhaled a deep breath as I considered my words carefully. “One of the phones is mine and the other is a cheap one my grandpa bought. I dug it out from the trash, but there’s a number he dialed and the person called him back. I’m trying to find out the location of the person who called him and someone who called me as well.” None of it was a lie. I’d explained the situation well without going into details or breaking any promises. Yay me.
“Why did your grandpa throw the phone the trash?”
I shrugged. “He does weird things sometimes.” Again, true statement. On occasion, he put tried to return the milk jug in the cabinet and put clean pots in the refrigerator. I could name plenty of other strange things he’d done, but why go there? We all did odd things from time to time.
Cade took the cheap cell from my hand. “Are you spying on him?”
“Me? No. I’m not a good spy.”
“Then why the interest?”
I stared into his dreamy eyes. “It’s complicated.”
“So am I.”
“Me three.”
He grinned and took the phones from my hands. “I can’t guarantee I can get locations, but I’ll try my best.”
“That’s fine.” Considering I had no other options, I accepted his terms. The man really was a genius, so I held hope he’d deliver what I needed.
“What number do you want me to trace on your phone?”
“One from about an hour ago. There’s another one like it from earlier, too.”
“Who was the caller?”
“I don’t know.”
His brows twitched. “You don’t know?”
Crap, now I was stuck having to answer. “It was a prank call.” Warmth began to rise to my cheeks.
Head lowered, he gazed at both cells. “How long were the calls?”
“I didn’t hang up right away. I’m not sure about Grandpa’s call.”
Cade met my gaze. “Does he know you took this?”
“No.”
“So you are spying, in a way.”
I let out a loud sigh. “Can you do it, Cade?”
He gave me a crooked smile. “You came to the right person.”
I mentally cheered. “Can you have addresses ready for me in an hour or so?”
His grin faded. “Why the rush?”
I bit my lip while I tried to come up with a good excuse. “I’m expecting a call. An important one. Really important.”
He studied me. The heavy weight of his gaze led me to believe he suspected I was up to something fishy. Or maybe I was putting too much thought into the way he looked at me. I do that a lot—think too much, which is probably why I have an overactive imagination. In an effort to thwart his leery thoughts, I folded my arms over my chest and stared back with equal force.
“This important call… Would it be from the prank caller?”
“No, I mean, yes.” I shook my head and turned away from him. My skin started to itch, so I scratched my arm. If I had to provide any more details, he’d figure out soon I was lying.



Author Biography:
Mary is a romantic at heart and a lifetime lover of the paranormal, fantasy, and science fiction. She lives a quiet life in Indianapolis. When she’s not working or binge watching television, she enjoys creating fantastical worlds with vampires, demons, werewolves, angels, and other supernatural creatures. Her stories often include mystery and suspense. If you’re looking for an adventurous read, dive into her books.

Follow Mary Abshire:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MaryAbshire.Author/
Newsletter: https://app.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/k0i2e8
Website: http://www.mary-abshire.com
Twitter: @maryabshire




Mary’s Books: 

Warren Antiques series: 

First Package Causes Grief 

Second Package Raises the Dead 

Third Package Reveals Secrets 



Divine Justice series: 

Demon Hunter 

Demon Tracker 

Crisis Alert 



The Soul Catcher series: 

Claiming the Evil Dead 

Catching an Evil Tail 

Fighting Evil 

Love Conquers All Evil 

Freedom From the Evil Dead 

The Evil Next Door 



Heaven Sent series: 

First Kill 

Second Demon 

Third Love 

Fourth Fight 

Fifth Regret 

Sixth Surprise 

Seventh Heaven 



Project Eve series: 

The Awakening 

The Quest 



Playful Demons series: 

Demon in Disguise 

Demons in Disguise 



Sisters of Lonewood box set 

7 erotic romance short stories 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.