Sunday 9 April 2017

Crash and Burn by Amanda Adams

Amanda Adams has re-branded and relaunched her Walker Brothers series of books.  I haven't read any of them before but when I was offered an arc of Book 1, Crash and Burn, I thought I would give the book a try.
I really enjoyed the book and would highly recommend it as one to add to your TBR list.  My review is below.

Find the book on Amazon here.




A childhood promise has Chance Walker picking up a guitar once again. He hires sexy Erin Michaelson to bring music back into his life. She's one of the most intriguing women he's ever met.
When he sees her again, she's on stage using another name and seducing an entire audience. A single, sizzling backstage kiss will change both of their lives forever. Chance soon realizes that Erin is not just an itch, she's an obsession that he refuses to live without.  



My Review  **5 Stars***

This is the first book I have read by Amanda Adams but it won't be the last. I loved this story about Chase and Erin and following your dreams. The characters were so very believable, real and likeable. Erin was a mixed up mess at times, struggling to cope with the hand life had dealt her, but she had such quiet strength and dignity that I loved her. Chase seemed to be all hot alpha male but actually had a real vulnerable side to him. There are some tough/sensitive issues that are VERY lightly touched on in this book. I liked how the author included them without making the book too dark but also without trivialising them either.

The plot was well thought through, had some good twists and turns, and the writing is of a high standard. I found the book really easy to read and enjoyed it from start to finish. It flowed well, had a good pace and some interesting supporting characters. I felt both Erin and Chase's emotions in this book and their actions/reactions felt believable. The chemistry between them was sizzling hot and the love scenes were well written, no boring 'fading to grey' but not too crude either.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book but the opinions expressed here are genuine and reflect my experience of reading this novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - they make my day x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.